• November meeting. The next meeting will be on Sunday November 21st starting at
1:30PM. Betty Kelepecz will speak on The Orchids of the Western Highlands of Papua
New Guinea. Betty has been growing orchids in Southern California since the early
80s. She has received more than 60 AOS awards. She especially likes to grow species
orchids, and she travels to species habitats to study their growing requirements.
She will speak on her trip to the Western Highlands of Papua New Guinea, home of
Dendrobium cuthbertsonii and many other orchids She will also share her visits with
many local tribesmen in this beautiful part of the world. The meeting will also include
results from our virtual Show Table, as well as our Orchid Doctor feature. NOTE:
this meeting will be held using Zoom, and will be for paid-up members and guests
only. Please check the Payments page to pay membership dues ($25) or guest fee ($5).
Refer to Program page for this season’s program.
• 2021 Orchid Show. Regretfully we have been forced to cancel the 2021 Orchidophilia
Orchid Show which would normally be held in April, due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Thank you for your understanding.
• Credit card payment. We now offer credit card payment of membership fees and guest
fees as a convenience. Please check our new “Payments” page for details.
• COVID-19 outbreak. The Ottawa Orchid Society is closely monitoring the COVID-19
virus pandemic. The OOS is always concerned about our members’ safety and well-being
and we will continue to follow the advice of the Ottawa Health Unit.https://www.ottawapublichealth.ca/en/index.aspx
• The images you see in the box to the left are items recently posted on our Facebook
page. The list updates every day, so it always shows the latest posts. Some of these
are updates about our Society and some of them are links to other organizations in
the orchid world. If you click on any of these images you will be connected to the
corresponding page in Facebook.